Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Friday 2 September 2016

Computer room lesson for E-block and classroom laptop lesson for A-block Mon 5th Sept

Hello and welcome to my course blog (welcome back if you were in my class last year)!

Even if I taught you last year, I would really like to get to know about your learning experience in more detail. Please read all the instructions before you start and record the deadline and what you have to bring tomorrow:

  • Please bring your pieces (and commentaries even if it is only a paragraph because you weren't asked to do one over the summer) printed out to tomorrow's lesson with word counts on them so we can do some peer assessment and then you can further improve them before the draft deadline. You must have them with you so take all precautions e.g. emailing them to yourself to make sure. The better the drafts, the more useful the feedback will be but rough drafts are better than none if there was anything you were unsure about. See me today if there are any issues. Draft deadline Tues 13th September (a week on Tues/tomorrow).  No drafts will be taken in after the one on the 13th - the next time it gets marked is the final version. Late drafts don't get marked. If you have a reason for an extension, please see me asap.
  • Today, please send me the URL for your blog straight away then complete the following task that will help me to get to know you and assess your directed writing. Write a blog post about yourself as an English student. What did you learn/enjoy/find challenging? Which ways do you learn best and what is problematic? How have your interests outside college or your personality impacted on your study? What occupational or dialectal language do you use? What else might I need/like to know? Edit your work ensuring a clear structure and written accuracy and then publish it to your blog. Because it is an assessment, please think about how to make it more complex/ambitious e.g. with punctuation, non-standard genre conventions, humour/wit that I will appreciate etc.
  • When you have time, please browse my blog - you can use the blog's search bar in the top left to search for topics realted to your investigation or this year's key topics of Child Language (CLA) or Language Change.
I'm really looking forward to working with you and the A2 topics are my favourites...

No comments:

Post a Comment