Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Tuesday 20 September 2016

C7 lesson Fri 23 and Mon 26

Splendids,

firstly, please check your blog name and edit it if necessary so that it has your name at the start - so many on my list are called a variation on 'English Language blog' and then I can't read the rest on my reading list. If you are a Sophie, Connor, Ellie, Joe or Olivia, please can you ensure it has your surname initial too.

I am sending (or have sent) you the links for all the blogs in the class, please go to the orange and white square Blogger icon in the top left of your blog to bring up your reading list. Press 'add' under the orange  'reading list' heading and then copy-and-paste the blogs in, pressing 'add' in between and 'follow' at the end - do them in batches (not all at once) as it can be glitchy. Edit: if I haven't sent it because I am ill, try and do this as soon as I do send it!

Send me anything you want reproduced for the presentations (with clear instructions!).

Blog some ideas of theory and data that you might want to explore for your investigation.

Research Halliday's functions of speech and Dore's categories makign sure you add bibliographical links. Find an example in the transcript of as many of those functions/categories as you can - is there any crossover? Are there any quotes that could fit into more than one of the functions/categories? Blog the functions/categories with your quotes/analysis of how far the quotes fit the classifications in context. Finish for homework by Fri 30th but you should probably be able to finish it today.

Edited Sun 25th. Please see my post about 'If I am absent...'

No comments:

Post a Comment