Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Making up for lost time suggestion - ALL STUDENTS PLEASE READ

Wonderfulls,

I've been thinking about this after talking to AS Language and hearing that the vast majority don't want to miss any lesson time to catch up; perhaps I could suggest to management that I come in on a day I don't work (Wed or Thurs) and offer small-group and 1-2-1 tutorials with whoever wants to sign up in their frees, lunch etc - I suppose around 15 mins per person, so a group of three gets 45 mins?

It would need to be well-subscribed to for it to be worth the college paying me for a day but I think it would be a really valuable opportunity for you to bring marked work to me for help improving it, get some terminology or theory help, or look at a text with me - whatever you would like to do (I could help you decide if you need pointers). If it was well-subscribed to, we could potentially do more than one day.

Thoughts:

a) does that sound like a useful amount of time?
b) are there problems with the days?
c) would it seem useful?
d) would you definitely sign up?
e) any other suggestions or comments?


1 comment:

  1. 1) 15 minutes does sound like a short space of time, however the fact that it is 1-1 sounds like it will be productive way to catch up.
    2) Wednesday and Thursday are good for me.
    3) I think if gaps and weaknesses in knowledge are identified, and the time spent trying to fill them then the sessions would be very useful and would help us to progress.
    4)I would definitely sign up.

    ReplyDelete