Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Tuesday 2 February 2016

How we can make up for missed time - ALL STUDENTS read please

Wonderfulls,

Sophie has been asking me how we can make up for missed time. I have talked to a few people about an option of getting you all off timetable for a half-day or a day to get together and get some intensive input. It would mean each class would get a different day - the implication of which would be that St Brendan's would get a supply teacher in to cover my other lessons for the day and I would set work. So you would get 4 lessons on a full day with me, but miss other subjects and you would miss one or two more English lessons with me but they would be lessons with a supply teacher that I set.

I need your thoughts, please, on the following (either comment here or email me asap):
  1. what is your impression of how far behind you feel as a result of my absence?
  2. would you like a full day of intensive catchup? A half day? Neither? Why?
  3. can you go to the workshop at 2.30 on Wednesdays if you want to?  - I strongly suggest it if you can 
  4. what other suggestions of what would help can you think of?
Please comment unless it is not appropriate to do so so you can respond to each other's thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. I feel as if in the 12(?) lessons we have missed due to illness, a substantial amount of language lessons has been missed when the other classes would have had full teaching time. Although I understand you were ill, I do think the college could have supplied us with a cover teacher to go over any work. I did complete all work on your blog however I feel like this was a sort of filler work we completed recapping on lessons covered (I am unsure at this time whether there are any new things to cover for our AS level exam)

    Missing other lessons would just expand the problem of catching up to other subjects. However I am willing to attend catch up sessions in free periods/ days off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we have missed a considerable amount of lesson time whilst others (classes) have been pressing on with essential work with help from teachers. With your absence, the college should have got a teacher in to teach us with enough quality help instead of just blog work, which is by no means your fault. The option of missing other lessons and english lessons will not help the situation as we will then be slightly behind in other subjects, I would rather go to workshops and other catch up sessions in out of lesson time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Callum, missing a whole days worth of lessons will really put people behind. A supply teacher would of without a doubt helped the situation just because it would of been more reassuring than blog work, I think that the workshops are the best way forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think as an A2 independent study has been fine for me, I have been able to work on my investigation/ media text and other work on your blog with no issues. Missing other lessons would be so much more hassle for me.

    ReplyDelete