Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Language summer task

Creatives,

over the summer, you need to read around your theory area and make sure you have the best hypothesis and plenty of theory to refer to in your analysis.

You could collect your data but you need to check your method of collecting it with me first - I will be checking my email periodically but am away 16th-23rd July.

You need to annotate your style model, spotting techniques across all the frameworks (lexis, grammar, discourse, phonology etc.) and all the relevant conventions you will have to use.

Plan your piece and your commentary by identifying techniques you will definitely use and discuss e.g. create a table to help with planning:

Lexical tech from SM    effect on aud because of GRAPE   my use of tech   why it's effective for GRAPE


Discourse tech...


Grammar tech...


You should plan and draft your piece and commentary (preferably redrafting several times) to bring in with you in Sept. We will do some peer assessment and redrafting before I mark a draft as I can only mark your work once before I take it in for final marking.

To recap: reading theory, annotating style model, planning and drafting creative piece and commentary for first lesson back.

Edit: please see my more recent 'choosing and annotating a style model' post.

No comments:

Post a Comment