Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Sunday 1 November 2015

A2 lesson 2/11/15 methodology and introduction

Patients,

welcome back to you and me (at least for now - I am not right yet but I am going to see how I go).

To make things as easy as possible for a quick 1-2-1 with me, please make paper notes as quickly as possible on the following so you can race through with me:
  • what data you are using
  • what factors of comparability, reliablity, ethicality you considered
  • what you think you will be testing/exploring
  • any worries/issues/problems
Working on the computer today: you should have a rough methodology written already - by Friday I want the polished version of that and I also need you to be working on your introductions for next week - please use the support sheet I have given you for the prompts but basically you are choosing a working title, showing off what theory/issues you are aware of around the topic, explaining how you chose your focus (what interests you) and what your hypothesis is and how you will test it, showing a clear progression between the theory, the hypothesis and the frameworks/questions/techniques you will be exploring in order to test the hypothesis. Remember, they hypothesis should ideally come from theory and you don't have to think you will find evidence to support it - it is often the case that exploring how the data challenges the theory is more sophisticated. The hypothesis should be phrased as a declarative and the analysis will explore how far the hypothesis is supported and/or challenged. You should never say you can prove/disprove anything with such a small data pool - if I see those words I will circle them mercilessly! You see if I don't! Except you won't. Because you won't use those words because I told you not to...

Make sure you have done the holiday homework and bring your notes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment