Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Tuesday 25 November 2014

AS Language speed poetry

Two minutes only were allowed to write speed poetry with the title 'internet communication' to tie into what we are studying (Language and Technology). Here are the results:



Internet communication speed poetry

3am and I haven't slept in two days,
It's only 11pm there for you.
My hand on my screen,
Yours mimics mine.
I can feel you.
I can't feel you...


Communicate,
Delegate,
Chit, chat and banter.

Freedom of speech,
Ability to teach,
Or simply escape


the internet is a great way to chat,
you don't have to waste much time,
as you can do it all online,
No need to write letters,
just type up a message.
Facebook and twitter are great,
even though they make you stay up late


From the internet we can
Talk anywhere, anytime
Post pictures on Instagram
Tweet nonsense with hashtags
And show Vines of people doing funny and stupid things


secret, hidden, anonymous,
rude, unfair, who are you?
harsh, cruel, how dare you
show yourself,let me see you,


the internet is a top way to chat
on Facebook and twitter and all that
it doesnt waste time
all you need to do is go online


Draw the curtains
Lock the door
It doesn't make a difference
They can still communicate with you.
Allowed to opinionate
Allowed to have a view
Allowed to do anything
Do you think this is true?


you can like, follow, comment, retweet
new friends are what you can meet
facebook, twitter, snapchat, text
what communication will be next?


Affordances of internet communication is very simple you see
keeping in contact has become as simple as A B C,
you just hit a key board and type a little note
im sure it would really float your boat.
Instagram and twitter and facebook are good always looking at other people stuff
keeping up with trends and common use of terms such as LOL and LMAO are good
times have changed and its easier you see


Camoflagued behind the screen,
Trolled comments make you want to scream,
A facebook profile with someone elses name,
Doesn't online communication drive you insane?


Twitter, Twitter,
How mean you are,
Bullying others with your selfish comments,
You get people down,
Oh, Twitter twitter,
How cruel you are.


Sat looking at the screen
Different colours
Bright light radiating of the machine.
Comments so positvie
You can say what you want,


chatting to friends over seas
commenting on blogs whilst walking through trees
sharing a post for the world to know


Sitting behind this screen I am king,
No one knows who I am and I am free,
To say what I like, to post what I like, to share what ever I need,
And after a long day of small talk,
I retreat to my castle to speak to the town-folk,
Of my loyal subscribers, followers, commenters and



No comments:

Post a Comment