Featured post

A really clear grammar site - About.com

This is a great site for in-depth clarification of grammar points - use their search bar.

Saturday 19 July 2014

You need this word

A coinage is one of the terms for a new word (coinage is also the verb for creating a new word). This coinage is something I need in my life and, no doubt you do too: oxt. Check it out. See you oxt month.

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/16/5901883/oxt-new-word-weekend?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=voxdotcom&utm_content=wednesday

1 comment:

  1. I think it'll be interesting to see if this word comes into common usage in the future. This isn't really a problem I've ever worried too much about, or even thought about, so I'm not sure how much of lifesaver 'oxt' would be for me. It's strange, I think, that there is almost a campaign for this new word - I often think of changes to our language being more natural - but I guess if enough people want it, it doesn't matter how it ends up in our dictionaries.

    ReplyDelete